Monday, March 10, 2008

OIA Time Trial #2

After being postponed for 2 weeks, because of bad weather, we were finally able to do the TT by the Orlando International Airport. The weather was good, the wind was ideal, and my legs felt great. After a solid warm up I was ready to go. My 30 second girl was Michelle Blake ( a close friend of mine ). Three minutes before my start two of the junior boys finished. I had my dad on the stop watch to see what there times were. If I wanted to beat them I would have to ride a 16:30. Finally I was at the line to start. Then I was off. My legs felt a little tired at first but then I got into my zone and was just motoring along. I caught my 30 second girl and could see my 1 minute man just ahead of me. It made me go a little faster. I was feeling pretty good. Right after the turn-around I caught my 1 minute man and could see about 5-6 riders in the distance. I had a tail/cross wind on the way back and I felt like I was flying. I soon caught all but 1 rider that I could see. I could see the finish, it was at the top of a little "hill" after an underpass. I was going all out. My time was 17:28. I won the womens category and finished around 20th out of 58 riders. It wasn't my goal time but for my first TT of the year it was pretty solid.
The laugh of the day was in the middle of a water bottle fight that Michelle and I were watching between JP and Jos. Long story short it ended with Jos stealing Michelle's bottle right as she took a drink. When she started laughing the water went out her nose and all over Jos who just happened to be in the line of fire. The laughs that followed got all of our sides hurting.

Thanks for reading,

Ciao,

Ashlyn

1 comment:

Bottle Rocket said...

It's wasn't that Jos was in the line of fire, I just have good aim.