Monday, April 28, 2008

Windermere Ride/OIA timetrial

This past Sunday I went out and did a group ride in Clermont. It starts at the Windermere Middle School and then goes out and does all of the "big" hills that Florida has to offer, Grassy Lake, Buck Hill, Sugar Loaf, and Stair Steps. It does all the climbs that I am going to have to do this weekend at the Sugar Loaf RR. I figured it would just be a cool ride and really good training. My dad and I drove out to the ride with some friends of ours ( Mr. Kieth and Craig ) and I was totally stoked. Our motto of the day,"Attack and make other people suffer." The first 16 miles were fine. It was a decent pace and my legs felt great...it was all good until one of my friends called me and when I tried to get my phone out of my pocket..well long story short it slipped, got run over by a couple riders, and almost hit by a car. Luckily its still working and came out of the ordeal with only a few scratches, but after that I could see the group getting further and further up the hill. When I first felt my phone fall I was bummed out because my legs were feeling really good. I chased the group and was almost back on but ended up getting caught at a red light and watched the group as they crested the next hill. I ended up racing around Clermont trying to get in the big hills and also trying ot meet back up with the group. The rest of the ride went well. I plan on going back out and doing it again.

Today was the 3rd OIA timetrail. I had pole position again and was kind of bummed at the fact that I didn't have anyone to chase. I had a good start. I set off at a descent pace hugging the curb to avoid as much of the cross wind as I could. At the turn around I felt good. After driving into the head wind it was a nice change to get a tailwind. Unfortunately it was only for about a half mile before it returned to the brutal cross wind. My finishing time was basically the same as my previous 2 time trials. I did a 17:31. I am pretty sure that I have totally mastered the 17:30 on that course ;P

This weekend is the Sugar Loaf RR. The women 1,2,3 are racing with the 3 men so it should be a challenging race. I'm looking forward to it.

Also check out Craig Creeden's blog. I set up a link to it so check it out.

Ciao

No comments: